Skip to content Skip to main navigation Skip to footer

Building or remodeling first steps!

Before picking up a hammer and nails for ANY remodeling or improvement projects, or removing trees from an undeveloped lot, you must contact the Building Commissioner:

  • Deb Chubb
  • 219-210-9956

Deb will advise you as to what steps you must follow for ANY type of improvement or building projects including but not limited to: new home builds or projects, remodeling, additions, sheds, roofing, decks, plumbing, electrical, gas, windows, fences, pools, playhouses, driveway updates, removal of trees, etc. She’ll also advise you completing your building permit, for which you will need to start by completing this application.

Note: Those with properties in the Floodway and/or the Floodplain may have additional requirements.