- It is YOUR responsibility to become aware of what fireworks (IC 22-11-14-1) are permitted. All times listed here are Central Time.
- The approved fireworks are permitted ONLY from June 29 to July 3 between 5 pm and (2) hours after sunset.
- The approved fireworks are permitted ONLY on July 4 from 10 am til midnight.
- The approved fireworks are permitted ONLY from July 5 to July 9 between 5 pm and (2) hours after sunset.
- ANY VIOLATION of this ordinance shall be subject to a $100 fine. A second occurrence will be fined $250. A fine of $2500 will be imposed for a third occurrence.
- All fines to be paid to the Town Clerk as an Ordinance Violation
- Fireworks Rules in Michiana per Code chapter 159
- Fireworks are legal only on the following days and times:
- December 31st 11:00 AM ET through January 1st 1:00 AM ET
- Following dates run 11:00 AM ET – 11:45 PM ET:
- The Saturday and Sunday immediately preceding Memorial Day
- June 29th through July 4th
- July 5th, IF the date is a Friday or Saturday
- The Saturday and Sunday immediately preceding Labor Day
- Fines are $1,000 per occurrence.
- Fireworks are NOT allowed on any public property like the beaches.