This event has ended
October 31, 2021
5:00 pm - 7:00 pm
Similar to our neighbors in Long Beach, Michiana Shores will be hosting trick or treat hours on Halloween, on Sunday October, 31st, from 5pm – 7pm CT. If you would like to participate in the festivities, please be sure to have your front porch light on to invite the community children to stop by.
Safety tips for trick or treaters and parents:
- Trick or Treat only during the established timeframe which is Sunday October 31 st from 5-7 p.m.
- Only visit homes that have their porch lights on.
- Walk on the shoulder of the roadway and observe all traffic laws.
- Make sure trick-or-treaters have a flashlight and are wearing costumes that do not restrict their vision, could cause them to trip, are flame retardant and are light colored and visible. Consider placing reflective tape on costumes or treat bags.
- Have children carry a neon glow stick.
- Don’t run! Always walk.
- Never go into a stranger’s home or get into a stranger’s vehicle.
- Always trick or treat with an adult or with a group of friends.
- Parents should inspect children’s candy before they eat any. If anything is unwrapped or looks suspicious, throw it away immediately.
- Notify the Long Beach police department of any suspicious activity. 219-874-4243
Safety Tips for Homeowners:
- Only hand out commercially wrapped candy.
- Only turn your porch light on if you welcome trick-or-treaters.
- Secure pets to avoid unfortunate accidents. Costumes may frighten your pets.
Safety Tips for Motorists:
- Drive slowly and be aware of children who could dart in and out of traffic or between parked cars.
- Avoid distractions, like using your cell phone or listening to loud music, which affect your ability to see or hear children.
- NEVER drink and drive.
- Golf carts with headlights and taillights are only permitted on our roadways after sunset. Any drive of a golf cart must be a minimum of 16 years of age and have a valid driver’s license.