In 2020 the Town Council approved a leaf pickup program that covers 2 leaf pickups in the Fall (November and December) as well as two leaf pickups in the Spring. The date for the 2021 Fall leaf pickup has not yet been scheduled, but will be posted here on the website as well as the town newsletter. Things to note:
- Have all your leaves – no sticks – out to the edge of your property by the Sunday night before the scheduled pickup date.
- The crews begin their work on a Monday and wrap up once they have made their sweep through town, which may only take one or two days, so have your leaves ready to go.
- Leaves should not be piled in the street, but pushed as close to the edge of the street as possible, in order to avoid landscaping stones, etc.
- Pile any sticks or twigs (no large pieces or fallen tree debris) next to or right behind the leaves as those will be picked up by a separate truck. If logs or other sticks and debris are mixed in with the leaves, they may skip your location and not remove your leaves.
- If the weather does not permit leaf pickup (snowfall or violent downpour) the pickup will be rescheduled as soon as possible after the original date.
Currently the cost is $100/ year paid in two payments, December and May at the same time as the garbage pickup bill.