The Town of Michiana Shores has received grant approval from INDOT’s Community Crossing Matching Grant Program for roadway reconstruction or repaving in our neighborhoods.
- Details on how to sign up for text alerts are listed at the end of this page.
- Click here to download a PDF of all the project details
The scope of work includes asphalt repaving or reconstructing
PLANNED CONSTRUCTION AREA
- Hiawatha from Powhatan to Pontiac
- Hiawatha from El Portal to Pokagon
- Ponchartrain from Shadow to Parkside
- Powhatan from Shadow to Parkside
- Birchwood from Meadow to Oakdale
- Birchwood from Oakdale to El Portal
We estimate the project taking no more than 4 weeks from construction start until the roadway is completed; though, each street will allow local traffic in and out during the construction. Construction on each non-contiguous roadway section will be staggered. Roadway construction is anticipated to begin on Tuesday, September 5, 2023, and will be completed on or before September 29, 2023.
INTERRUPTION IN SERVICES
During construction there may be some interruptions in services to your house. Global has coordinated with each of the following entities to minimize these impacts.
U.S. MAIL/NEWSPAPER/PACKAGE DELIVERY
- If the mail carrier decides to not deliver mail around construction activity, then your mail will be kept at the post office for pickup. Newspaper and package delivery may or may not incur a disruption. Please call these service providers prior to construction to ensure proper delivery of your parcels or papers.
TRASH AND RECYCLING
- Disposal services will require your totes to be moved outside of an area of construction on the typical day of pickup. Tote pickup areas will be designated as needed.
- On-street parking will not be allowed; however, residents will be able to use their driveways throughout the project. Please consolidate and limit your trips to avoid disruptions to the construction crews. Temporary parking locations outside of the area of construction may be necessary. Please look for signs during construction.
EMERGENCY AND MEDICAL SERVICES
- EMS have been made aware of construction in your neighborhood and will respond to emergencies appropriately. Any scheduled medical appointments or special medical needs should be disclosed. Please give us a call so that we can accommodate your needs.
TEXT ALERTS FOR CONSTRUCTION ACTIVITY
To opt-in for SMS text message alerts about updates or changes in construction activity, please text:
MichianaShores2023 (no spaces)
*Note your number will be removed from the database and no longer receive updates at the end of construction project.
Who is performing the work?
- Global Engineering & Land Surveying
- 601 Franklin Square, Suite 407
Michigan City, IN 46360
- contact information for questions and comments:
- Jeanette Hicks, PE